4 cups peeled, seeded and chopped fresh ripe tomatoes
1 cup pitted whole Greek olives
1/2 cup white wine
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
1. Warm olive oil in large skillet over medium heat; saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent and just golden. Add one tablespoon of the parsley, the basil and thyme. Stir until fragrant; then add tomatoes, olives and wine.
2. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat back to medium and cook until sauce has thickened slightly, about five minutes. Stir in shrimp, cooking just until pink, three to five minutes.
3. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with crumbled feta, minced fresh mint and the remaining tablespoon of minced parsley.
2. Add peppers and onions and saute until onions become transparent.
3. Season with salt, black pepper, Tabasco and cilantro.
4. Beat eggs with 1 Tablespoon of water and pour slowly throughout the sauteed mixture.
5. Simmer covered over low heat until the eggs are set. Add cheese to one side and carefully flip the other side over. Remove from heat and cover for an additional minute to melt the cheese completely.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced ginger
Salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons curry powder
3 peaches, peeled if you like, pitted, and chopped
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
½ cup coconut milk
Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Put the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat for 1 minute.
Add the onion and ginger and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds or so.
2. Stir in the fruit (including the tomatoes) and coconut milk and raise the heat so the mixture bubbles a bit.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is soft and the mixture thickens, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Taste and adjust the seasoning, garnish with the cilantro and nuts if you’re using them, and serve.