4 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut in wedges
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking mix, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup rolled or old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Whipped cream for garnish
|1. Place the apples and raisins in a lightly greased medium slow cooker. Sprinkle with the vanilla and dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. |
2. In a medium bowl stir together 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of the baking mix, and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over the apple mixture and toss gently to evenly coat.
3. In the same bowl combine the remaining 1/3 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of baking mix with the oats. With a pastry blender or two forks, cut in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over the apple mixture and top with the pecans.
4. Fold a clean kitchen tea towel in half and lay over the top of the slow cooker, allowing the excess to hang over the outside. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Uncover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving warm with a garnish of whipped cream.
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
2 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded American cheese
2 cups hot cooked macaroni
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 1/2 cups cooked, diced ham
1 Tablespoon horseradish
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
|1. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter; add flour and stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Continue cooking, stirring, until sauce just begins to bubble and sauce has thickened. |
2. Combine sauce with cheese, hot cooked macaroni and salt; mix well.
3. Pour into buttered casserole dish. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over the top of the macaroni, pressing into the mixture lightly.
4. Bake at 350F for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Friday, November 24, 2017
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 med. onion, diced
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth or Homemade stock
1 cup instant rice, rinsed
|1. Place the chicken in the crock pot with the diced onions.|
2. Sprinkle the curry,pepper and salt over the top of the chicken.
3. Add the broth and coconut milk and stir , mixing well.
4. Cover, and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
5. Remove the chicken thighs to a covered dish. Add the rice and cook on high for 12-15 mins. or until tender.
1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup grated mozzarell
|1. Place 2 tortillas flat and spread each with 2 tablespoons of the sauce.|
2. Top one of the tortillas with 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup bell pepper, and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add pepperoni.
3. Place the other tortilla on top to cover (sauce side down) and press down lightly. Slide the tortilla into a dry pan on medium heat and cook on each side for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted through.
4. Repeat to make the second quesadilla.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
1 box white cake mix
1 French Vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. Soda
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine
|1. Use directions on box except substituting milk for water. Add the pudding mix with the cake mix. |
2. Use a tube or bunt pan. Bake 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.
3. Mix sauce ingredients together well and drizzle over cake.
1 packages (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
1 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas with jalapenos, rinsed and drained
1 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
|1. In a large saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.|
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain well
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peas, soup, rice and beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole dish.
4. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 slices of bacon, diced
salt to taste
pepper to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 lb box of pasta of your choice
|1. In large skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil until just transparent. Add bacon and cook for 5-6 more minutes, stirring often.|
2. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer for about 30-35 min.
3. Cook pasta per package directions and drain well. Mix with sauce, top with parsley and grated cheese and serve.