1 cup sourdough
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
5. Preheat waffle iron, set it to high heat.
Cook till golden brown.easpoon salt
2 large eggs - separated
1 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup dry powdered milk
1. Separate the eggs into two separate bowls.
2. In a mixing bowl beat egg yolks until they turn a
light lemon color.
3. Add all other ingredients, except whites to the
yolks and mix until well blended.
4. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
Fold in egg whites gently.
3/4 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
salt and ground black pepper
1 tablespoon finely sliced scallions
1. To make the dipping sauce:
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise,
ketchup, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to
taste. Stir in the scallions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To make the catfish:
Season both sides of the fish with the blackened seasoning.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil until
a few droplets of water sizzle when sprinkled in the skillet.
Sear the fish on one side until the meat is well browned and
releases easily from the pan, about 4 to 6 minutes. Turn over
the fillets and cook to desired doneness, about 5-6 more minutes.
Serve warm with a spoonful of the dipping sauce.
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup thick and chunky salsa
5 or 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix together
the black beans, corn, and 1/2 cup of the salsa.
2. Top with the chicken breasts, then pour the remaining
1/2 cup salsa over the chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for
2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender and white
throughout; do not overcook or the chicken will be dry .
3. Sprinkle cheese on top; cover and cook until the cheese
melts, about 5 to 15 minutes.
1 tbs olive oil
4 (4 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 (10.75 oz) can Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1/2 lb fresh or thawed frozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large tomato, chopped
Chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally
2. Stir the onion, pepper and Cajun seasoning in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir the soup, water and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Stir in the shrimp and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir in the tomato and parsley, if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes.
1 cup chicken broth or Homemade Chicken Stock
1 pint oysters, drained, liquor reserved
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup dry sherry*
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Salt and pepper, to taste
* you can use water
1. Combine broth, reserved oyster liquor, and mushrooms in crock pot;
cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours, adding milk during last 30 minutes
and oysters during last 15 minutes. Stir in combined sherry and cornstarch,
stirring 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.