2 Large eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
|1. In medium bowl, beat eggs until thick, add milk and oil. |
2. Add dry ingredients, mix until smooth.
3. Cook waffles until they are golden brown.
Sunday, December 31, 2017
Monday, December 25, 2017
1 cup buckwheat flour
4 cup oats
2 tablespoons cornmeal
15 teaspoons baking powder
5 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fruit sweetener
1 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 large egg
|1. Heat your griddle. |
2. Combine the dry ingredients. Stir well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all the other ingredients. Beat until well mixed.
4. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
5. Spoon about 1/4-cup batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Cook for about 2 minutes each side.
Serve with your favorite topping.
Makes about 6 servings
2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
4 tablespoons molasses
1/2 cup blackberries
|1. Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and ginger. |
2. In a separate mixing bowl, beat eggs, butter, buttermilk, and molasses. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix just until moistened.
3. Fold in blackberries. Pour mixture onto prepared waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Sunday, December 24, 2017
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup red onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cooking apples, peeled and diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger How to grow your own ginger.
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 Large can pureed pumpkin (30oz)
1 can chicken (28oz) broth or Homemade chicken stock
1 cup coconut milk
Dash of salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
|1. In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and apples. Sauté until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.|
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the cumin, ginger, and curry powder. Add to the apple mixture and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
3. Puree in a blender in small batches until all of the soup is smooth, then return to the stockpot. Add the coconut milk, salt, and pepper, and heat through.
2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/2- inch strips
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
1 yellow onion, sliced crosswise into rings
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or 1 teaspoon dried basil
1 chicken (3 to 3 1/2 pounds), cut into serving pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
|1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons of oil. Add garlic, peppers, and onion and sauté until tender-crisp, about 6-8 minutes.|
2. ADD seasonings and sauté until flavors are blended, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Remove to a plate and set aside.
3. IN same skillet over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Brown chicken about 5-7 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
4. PLACE chicken in a 7 1/2-by-11 3/4-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray or oil. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and top chicken with pepper mixture. Bake, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
Saturday, December 23, 2017
1 1/2 cups canola oil
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup oat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup walnuts
3/4 cup blueberries
|1. Mix oil, sugar and eggs. Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix together. Add buttermilk, bananas, and vanilla. |
2. Mix in nuts and blueberries.
3. Bake in a greased tube pan at 325 for approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes or until done.
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
2/3 cup rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 large egg
1 15 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
2 tablespoons rolled oats
3 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
|1. Line 18 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.|
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pecans, and oats. Make a large well in the center of the mixture.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together sour milk or buttermilk, melted butter or margarine, and egg.
4. Pour into well in flour mixture; stir to blend just until dry ingredients are moistened, but do not overmix. Gently fold in drained pineapple and coconut.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
6. To make the topping, mix together brown sugar, flour, coconut, and oats.
7. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs have formed. Sprinkle coarse crumb topping over pineapple muffin batter.
8. Bake muffins at 400° for about 20-25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and firm.
9. Place pans on rack to cool for about 5 minutes. Gently turn pineapple muffins out onto rack to cool completely.
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons horseradish
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Dash Tabasco (can use 2 or 3 for more spicey taste)
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2 raw eggs, beaten
1 gallon water
1 package crab boil
3 tablespoons salt
36 large raw shrimp
|1. Mix the first seven ingredients in a glass bowl. Chill in the refrigerator 4 or 5 hours.|
2. In a large pot, bring the water, crab boil and salt to a full boil. Add the shrimp.
3. When the water returns to the boil, turn off the heat and let the shrimp sit for 5 minutes to season up.
4. Drain the shrimp, cool and then peel them.
5. Place 6 shrimp on a plate lined with shredded lettuce and top with 4 tablespoons of the sauce.
Friday, December 22, 2017
4 28 oz.cans Apricots, drained
3-4 Cups Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Cloves
2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
|1. Drain Apricots and de-pit. Puree using blender. |
2. Pour in the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Cover, cook on High 8 to 10 hours. Remove cover during last half of cooking. Stir occasionally.
4. Store in refrigerator.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/3 cup melted butter
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
|1. Separate egg yolks and whites. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. |
2. In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks, milk and butter. Stir well.
3. Sift all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the yolk, milk, butter mixture and whisk until very smooth.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries, next fold in the egg whites.
5. Preheat waffle iron, set it to medium to high heat. Cook till golden brown.
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
8–12 ounces reduced-fat Italian-style turkey sausage, casing removed
1½ cups chopped onions
¾ cup chopped carrots
1 pound dried lentils
3 quarts Beef Stock
1 can (28 ounces) reduced-sodium crushed tomatoes
½ teaspoon each: dried marjoram and thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
2–3 teaspoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook sausage, onions, and carrots in large saucepan over medium heat until
sausage is browned, about 8 minutes; crumble sausage with a fork. Add lentils,
stock, tomatoes, and herbs; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered,
until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf; season to taste with
lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
1-1/2 cups ground roasted pecans
1-3/4 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 cup Dutch process or regular unsweetened cocoa powder
1-3/4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup light or dark rum
Sifted confectioners’ sugar for coating
Unsweetened cocoa powder for coating
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. and place the rack in the center of the oven.
Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet. Put the cookie sheet in the center of the oven.
2. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely.
3. Put the nuts in a food processor and pulse to break them down.
Then process until finely ground. Put the ground nuts in a large bowl.
Add the vanilla wafer crumbs, cocoa and confectioners’ sugar to the ground nuts.
Stir until well mixed.
4. Add the honey to the dry mixture. Add the rum to the dry mixture. Stir with a spoon.
Use your hand to further mix the honey and rum with the dry ingredients.
Keep working the dough until it holds together.Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
5. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Take the dough out of the refrigerator.
Form the dough into 1 inch balls with your hands. Roll half of the rum balls in
confectioners’ sugar. Roll the second half of the rum balls in unsweetened cocoa powder.
Put the rum balls in airtight containers to allow the flavors to intensify.
You can store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth or Homemade chicken stock
1 acorn squash, peeled and chopped
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 Cup honey
|1. In the bottom of the crock pot place the carrot and parsnips. Sprinkle in the garlic salt to cover all the vegetables. |
2. Place the chicken pieces over the vegetables. Pour the broth over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
3. Lay the squash into the crock pot. Sprinkle in the nutmeg and pepper.
4. Pour the honey over the top to completely cover the other ingredients. Cook covered 7 1/2-8 hours on low setting.
Monday, December 18, 2017
1/2 cup Unsalted butter
1 Med. Onion chopped
3 Garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup All-purpose flour
2 cups Clam juice
2 cups Chicken broth or Homemade chicken stock
1 10oz. pkg. frozen white corn
1 tablespoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon White pepper ground
1/4 teaspoon Dried thyme
1/4-1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper ground
2 cups Heavy cream
1 lb Lump crabmeat drained
4 Green onions chopped
|1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over med-heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Whisk in flour then cook for about 2-3 mins.|
2. Stir in clam juice & chicken broth then bring to a boil. Mix in corn then season with salt, white pepper, thyme & Cayenne pepper. Reduce heat then simmer for 15 mins.
3. Stir in cream, green onions & crabmeat. Heat through but don't boil once you add the cream.
1 lb. reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped mango chutney, divided
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped raisins
2 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger root How to grow your own ginger.
2 teaspoons garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
|1. Place cheeses in crock pot, cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 25-30 minutes. |
2. Mix in remaining ingredients, cover and cook until hot, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
1 Cup Long-Grain Rice
1 1/4 Cups Chicken Breast Halves Without Skin and Boned
1/2 Cup Paprika
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1/4 Teaspoon black Pepper
1/4 Cup Butter
1 Medium Onion; Chopped
2 Cloves garlic; Finely Chopped
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 (14 Oz Can) Tomato; Drained
6 Oz Feta Cheese
|1. Cook rice in 2 cups boiling water for 20 minutes.|
2. Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes.
3. Combine flour with paprika and oregano. Dust chicken cubes with flour mix lightly, reserving remaining flour mixture.
4. In a large deep skillet, melt half of the butter. Cook chicken until lightly browned. Remove and reserve. Add remaining butter to pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes.
5. Sprinkle on 2 tablespoons remaining flour. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in milk.
6. Bring to a boil. Add chicken pieces and cook 8-12 minutes.
7. Cut tomatoes into chunks. Drain and dice Feta cheese. Add tomatoes and cheese to chicken. Cook 1-2 minutes. Serve over Rice.
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 (10.5 oz) can condensed vegetable soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 pinch ground black pepper
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp salt
|1. Preheat an oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.|
2. Mix ground beef, soup, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Scoop mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven to a minimum temperature of 160F . Remove from oven after 50 minutes, drizzle ketchup on the top of each muffin, and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Sunday, December 17, 2017
3 ripe tomatoes, cut into thick slices
1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
4 teaspoons olive oil
4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
|1. Alternate the tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Top with fresh mint and chives.|
2. Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake real well. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve.
1 small green cabbage, preferably Savoy (about 1 pound)
2 to 3 tablespoons butter
1 large leek, white part only, quartered lengthwise, chopped, and rinsed
1 hefty Yukon Gold or russet potato, peeled and roughly cubed
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Sour cream or yogurt
Minced parsley or dill
1. Quarter the cabbage, remove the cores, and thinly slice the wedges crosswise. You should have 5 to 6 cups. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil, add the cabbage, cook for 1 minute, then drain.
2. Melt the butter in a soup pot. Add the leek and potato, give them a stir, and cook for a minute or two, then add the cabbage and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over 5 cups water, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the potato is tender. Taste for salt and season with pepper.
3. Ladle the soup into bowls, then add to each a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkling of parsley, and a final grinding of pepper
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
4 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut in wedges
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking mix, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup rolled or old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Whipped cream for garnish
|1. Place the apples and raisins in a lightly greased medium slow cooker. Sprinkle with the vanilla and dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. |
2. In a medium bowl stir together 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of the baking mix, and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over the apple mixture and toss gently to evenly coat.
3. In the same bowl combine the remaining 1/3 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of baking mix with the oats. With a pastry blender or two forks, cut in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over the apple mixture and top with the pecans.
4. Fold a clean kitchen tea towel in half and lay over the top of the slow cooker, allowing the excess to hang over the outside. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Uncover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving warm with a garnish of whipped cream.
2 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded American cheese
2 cups hot cooked macaroni
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 1/2 cups cooked, diced ham
1 Tablespoon horseradish
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
|1. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter; add flour and stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Continue cooking, stirring, until sauce just begins to bubble and sauce has thickened. |
2. Combine sauce with cheese, hot cooked macaroni and salt; mix well.
3. Pour into buttered casserole dish. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over the top of the macaroni, pressing into the mixture lightly.
4. Bake at 350F for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Friday, November 24, 2017
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 med. onion, diced
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth or Homemade stock
1 cup instant rice, rinsed
|1. Place the chicken in the crock pot with the diced onions.|
2. Sprinkle the curry,pepper and salt over the top of the chicken.
3. Add the broth and coconut milk and stir , mixing well.
4. Cover, and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
5. Remove the chicken thighs to a covered dish. Add the rice and cook on high for 12-15 mins. or until tender.
1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup grated mozzarell
|1. Place 2 tortillas flat and spread each with 2 tablespoons of the sauce.|
2. Top one of the tortillas with 1/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup bell pepper, and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add pepperoni.
3. Place the other tortilla on top to cover (sauce side down) and press down lightly. Slide the tortilla into a dry pan on medium heat and cook on each side for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted through.
4. Repeat to make the second quesadilla.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
1 box white cake mix
1 French Vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. Soda
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine
|1. Use directions on box except substituting milk for water. Add the pudding mix with the cake mix. |
2. Use a tube or bunt pan. Bake 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.
3. Mix sauce ingredients together well and drizzle over cake.
1 packages (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
1 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas with jalapenos, rinsed and drained
1 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
|1. In a large saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.|
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain well
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peas, soup, rice and beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole dish.
4. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 slices of bacon, diced
salt to taste
pepper to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 lb box of pasta of your choice
|1. In large skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil until just transparent. Add bacon and cook for 5-6 more minutes, stirring often.|
2. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer for about 30-35 min.
3. Cook pasta per package directions and drain well. Mix with sauce, top with parsley and grated cheese and serve.
2 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger. .How to grow your own ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup light molasses
1/4 cup milk
4 Tablespoon melted butter
2 medium sweet apples, cored, peeled & finely chopped
|1. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, and spices. |
2. In a separate bowl, beat together molasses, milk, butter, and egg.
3. Slowly add wet mixture to dry (batter will be lumpy). Stir in apples.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin cups and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Monday, November 20, 2017
1 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup beer
|1. In a blender combine all of the ingredients, except the beer. Blend well.|
2. After its blended well start to gradually add the beer, continuing to blend till its well mixed.
3. Place in storage container, cover, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup diced chorizo
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/4 cups long-grain rice
2 cups plus 2 tablepsoons tomato puree
1 1/2 cups chicken broth or Homemade chicken stock
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
8 to 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped
1 1/4 cups green olives, pitted and halved
1 handful of basil leaves, chopped
salt and ground black pepper
|1. Heat the oven to 350°F.|
2. Cut 2 or 3 deep slits in the chicken pieces and season lightly with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven, add the chicken and fry over high heat a couple of minutes on each side until brown. Remove the chicken from the Dutch oven and set aside.
3. Add the onion, chorizo, red pepper and garlic to the pot and fry over medium heat 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir in the rice and, when it is coated in the oil, add the remaining ingredients. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
4. Return the chicken and any juices to the dish, pushing each piece into the sauce so they are partly covered. Cover the dish with a lid and bake 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is rich, juicy. Serve hot.
Thanks to Betty Walker for the recipe.
3 cups cooked pasta
2 cups steamed broccoli, (whole floret with diced stems)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups diced, cooked turkey
|1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.|
2. In a large sauce pan, melt butter; stir in flour and seasonings. Add milk slowly, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
3. Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until melted.
4. Place noodles, broccoli and turkey in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
5. Pour cheese sauce over the ingredients in the baking dish.
6. Bake uncovered at 350?F for about 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Sunday, November 19, 2017
|1 Pound Red beans, washed|
8 Cloves garlic, chopped
1 Rib celery, chopped
1/4 Pound Salami
1 Pound Smoked sausage
1 Large onion, chopped
1/4 Bell pepper, chopped
1 Teaspoon Sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
1 Pinch Thyme
1 Pound Weiners
|1. Place washed beans in large pot and cover with water and place on medium heat.|
2. Chop sausage and salami and add to beans; add garlic celery, onions, green pepper, sugar, and thyme.
3. Continue cooking until beans are soft, adding more water if necessary.
4. When beans are soft, add weiners, sliced in 1" pcs., and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until gravy is thick and creamy. Serve over hot cooked rice.
2 pounds (21-25 count) fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
2 cup canned artichoke hearts
4 ounces butter, divided
1 cup olive oil, divided
1 cup purple onion, diced
3/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups white wine
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 quart heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper, to taste
|1. In a large skillet, melt 2 ounces of butter and ½ cup of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions, bell peppers and mushrooms for about5 minutes. Add white wine and reduce heat by half. |
2. Add minced garlic, thyme, basil, 1 teaspoon black pepper and cayenne pepper. Let this mixture cook for 2-3 minutes, then whisk in the flour, stirring constantly until a white roux is achieved. The flour will absorb all the liquid in the skillet.
3. Slowly add heavy whipping cream, stirring constantly until desired thickness. Fold in artichoke hearts and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. In a separate skillet, add the remaining 2 ounces of butter and ½ cup of olive oil. Sauté the shrimp for 2 minutes or until pink. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and parsley. Cook for 4-6 minutes.
5. Add the sautéed shrimp with juice to cream sauce, stirring to incorporate.
Serve over rice or pasta. Makes 4-6 servings
2 Cups Bisquick
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
1 Cup applesauce
1/2 Cup milk
|1. In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.|
2. Pour batter onto hot griddle and cook till golden brown and turn and cook the other side golden brown.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
3 quarts beef broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 pound cubed lean beef stew meat
3 cups dried lentils
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
1/2 cup leeks, chopped leeks
1/2 cup,carrots, chopped
1/2 cup,celery, chopped
Salt and black pepper, to taste
|1. Combine all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in 6-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.|
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Milk
8 oz Cream cheese; softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Almond extract
4 cups Granny Smith Apples; peeled and sliced
1 3/4 cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
1 Tablespoons Lemon juice
|1. Cream butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating at medium speed of with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in almond extract. |
2. Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
3. Pour batter into a greased and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
4. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Dip apple slices in lemon juice. Combine apple slices and cinnamon mixture, tossing gently to coat well.
5. Arrange apple slices on top of batter. Bake at 350 deg for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Friday, November 17, 2017
1 (3/4- to 1-pound) round Italian loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes (8 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 pouns sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, divided
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3 medium onions, chopped
4 large celery ribs, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
1/2 cup turkey giblet stock or reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (2 ounces)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
|1. Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Generously butter baking dish.|
2. Put bread in 2 shallow baking pans and bake, switching position of pans halfway through baking, until just dried out, about 10 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook half of sausage, stirring and breaking it into small pieces, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Brown remaining sausage in remaining tablespoon oil, transferring to bowl.
4. Pour off fat from skillet and wipe clean. Heat butter over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook onions, celery, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Add vegetables and bread to sausage.
5. Whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup cream, turkey stock, cheese, and parsley, then stir into stuffing and cool completely, about 30 minutes. Reserve 5 cups stuffing to stuff turkey and spoon remainder into baking dish, then drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup cream. Cover stuffing and chill.
6. About 1 hour before stuffed turkey is finished roasting, bring dish of stuffing to room temperature When turkey is done, increase oven temperature to 425°F and bake stuffing, covered tightly with foil, until hot throughout, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden and crisp, about 15 minutes more.
8 ounces penne pasta
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup 2% milk
1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 1/2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
|1. Cook penne pasta per package directions. Drain; set aside.|
2. In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the soup, cream cheese, cream and milk; cook and stir just until cream cheese is melted. Stir in the mushrooms, cheeses and spices; cook just until cheeses are melted. Add turkey and penne; heat through
3. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over pasta mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown.
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cucumber, quartered
3 stalks celery
1 apple, cored and quartered
1/2 cup water
|1. Combine all ingredients into a blender. Blend at high speed until thick and smooth.|
1 head cabbage, medium
1 1/2 lb. turkey
Salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste
2 cans diced tomatoes with onions
1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 pkg. frozen hash browns
2 tbsp. dried onion flakes
|1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.|
2. Chop up cabbage and microwave for 10 minutes.
3. Brown turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
4. Mix all ingredients together and put in large casserole dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.