24 chicken wings
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ pound spicy sausage meat
1 yellow onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
2 cups chopped vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon your favorite hot sauce
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1. Cut off the wing tips. Cut the wings in half through the joint.
2. Place a deep 12-inch pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
When hot, add the sausage and onion. Cook until the onion browns,
about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, tomatoes,
heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt.
4. Add the wings and the tomato sauce to the onions. Bring to a low boil.
Cover, turn the heat to low, and simmer until the chicken wings become
very tender, about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. To serve, bring the wings and sauce to a low boil. Cook until nearly all
the sauce evaporates and forms a glaze around the wings. Stir in the parsley
just before serving.