1 large leek (white part only) thinly sliced
1/3 cup each: sliced carrot, celery
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 quarts Chicken Stock
2 pounds fresh spinach
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
1. Sauté leek, carrot, and celery in oil in large saucepan until tender, about 6-8 minutes; add stock and heat to boiling.
2. Add spinach and cook, uncovered, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
3. Process soup in food processor or blender until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle each bowl of soup with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
5. Soup is best eaten as soon as its cooked.