24 chicken wings1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups jalapeño jam
2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
2 jalapeño chiles, minced, including the seeds
¼ cup chopped cilantro sprigs
1. Cut off the wing tips.
2. In a small saucepan, combine all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, stirring to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
3. In a bowl large enough to hold the wings, combine the wings and the jam mixture. Marinate the wings in the refrigerator for 3 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Coat a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and place the rack in the baking pan.
5. Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Arrange the wings on the rack (smooth surface down) and roast for 30 minutes. Drain the accumulated liquid from the pan.
6. Baste the wings with the reserved marinade, turn them over, and baste again. Roast until the wings turn a mahogany color, about another 30 minutes. Cut the wings in half through the joint. Serve hot or at room temperature.