Jalapeno Pepper Omelet
6 large eggs
1 fresh medium jalapeno pepper - cored and minced
1/3 cup green peppers - diced
1/3 cup red peppers - diced
1/3 cup onion - diced
1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon Tabasco
1 teaspoon cilantro - finely chopped
salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tablespoon butter, for frying
1. In a large frying pan melt the butter.
2. Add peppers and onions and saute until onions become transparent.
3. Season with salt, black pepper, Tabasco and cilantro.
4. Beat eggs with 1 Tablespoon of water and pour slowly throughout the sauteed mixture.
5. Simmer covered over low heat until the eggs are set. Add cheese to one side and carefully flip the other side over. Remove from heat and cover for an additional minute to melt the cheese completely.
Makes 3-4 servings