Banana Coconut Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of mashed ripe banana
1 cup of shredded coconut
½ cup milk
½ cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Add in banana, coconut, coconut milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
2. Beat all together with an electric mixer on low speed until combined,
then mix on medium speed for three minutes.
3. Grease and flour two 8 -inch springform baking pans and pour in batter.
Bake on baking sheet in center of the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Cool on racks for 10 minutes before removing cakes.
Carmelized Coconut Frosting
12 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 pound of sifted powdered sugar
6 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons caramel sauce
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded coconut
1. In a small saucepan, cook the butter until brown Pour butter through a fine sieve into a heatproof bowl Let cool.
Pour cooled butter into mixing bowl With an electric mixer, whisk butter, adding powdered sugar a bit at a time.
2. When mixture is too thick to take any more sugar, add 1/3 of the coconut milk and ½ of the caramel sauce.
When all is incorporated, add the rest of the coconut milk and caramel sauce, adding more coconut milk if necessary
until all the powdered sugar has been incorporate.
3. Add in the shredded coconut and salt and incorporate well, adding tiny bits more of coconut milk if necessary to create a spreadable consistency.
Spread onto cakes and cover to taste.