Broccoli Breakfast Frittata
1 bunch of broccoli cut in 3/4 in. pieces including stems
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Cup onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place the broccoli in a saucepan and cover with water. Over medium heat, bring the water to a boil, adjust to low, cover and cook 10-12 minutes or until the broccoli is crisp tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat the oil and add the onions and garlic, cooking for 5-6 minutes, stirring often, until tender.
3. Add the broccoli to the skillet.
4. In another mixing bowl add eggs and lightly beat. Stir in the salt, nutmeg and pepper until well combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the vegetables.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the top covering the entire mixture.
7. Cover the skillet and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until set.
8. Set the oven to broil and allow it to preheat. Place the pan under the broiler heat for 2 minutes or until top is browned.