24 chicken wings
3 serrano or jalapeño chiles
1/4 cup thinly sliced ginger
5 cloves garlic
3 green onions, ends trimmed
1/4 cup minced cilantro sprigs
1 (12-ounce) can mango nectar
Fruit from 2 ripe mangoes
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon allspice
1. Cut off the wing tips.
2. In a food processor, mince the chiles, ginger, and garlic.
Add the green onions and cilantro, and mince. Add all the
remaining ingredients and liquefy.
3. In a large bowl, combine the wings and mango mixture.
Mix thoroughly. Marinate the wings in the refrigerator for 3 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
Coat a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and place the rack
in the baking pan.
5. Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Arrange the wings
on the rack (smooth surface down) and roast for 30 minutes.
6. Drain the accumulated liquid from the pan. Baste the wings with
the reserved marinade, turn them over, and baste again. Roast until
the wings turn a mahogany color, about another 30 minutes.
Cut the wings in half through the joint. Serve hot.