Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
1/4 tsp. iodized salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
cooking oil spray
1. Place the strawberries, raw sugar, and water in a small saucepan, bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until thick, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
2. Combine the flour and salt a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
Add the milk, egg, and applesauce. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined (do not over mix).
3. Lightly spray a medium sized non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Place over medium heat.
4. Pour ¼ cup of pancake mixture into the pan and swirl to form round cakes.
Cook pancake for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to show on the surface.
Turn to cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying pan with oil if necessary.
5. Divide pancakes onto 4 individual plates. Drizzle with the prepared strawberry sauce and serve.