Chipotle Honey Wings
24 chicken wings
8 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup chopped cilantro sprigs
¼ cup chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
2 cups taco sauce
½ cup honey
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1. Cut off the wing tips.
2. In a bowl large, combine the garlic, cilantro, chipotle chiles and their sauce, taco sauce, honey, vinegar, cumin, and salt.
Add the wings, and mix thoroughly.
3. Marinate the wings in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
4. If using a gas barbecue or an indoor grill, preheat to medium (350°F).
If using charcoal or wood, prepare a fire.
5. Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
When the gas barbecue or indoor grill is preheated or the coals or wood are ash covered, brush the grill with oil,
then add the chicken wings. Regulate the heat so that it remains at a medium temperature.
Grill the chicken wings for about 30 minutes with the barbecue covered.
Turn the wings every 5 minutes, basting them on both sides with the reserved marinade.
The chicken wings are done when the skin turns an even mahogany color and the meat is tender.
6. Remove the chicken wings from the barbecue. Cut the wings in half through the joint.
Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle sour cream over the wings, and serve.