1/4 Cup white rice
1 Cup fresh shelled peas
2 Cup milk
4 Cup water
1 TBSP butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the water in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
2. Bring the water to a rapid boil.
3. Add the rice and continue boiling for 10 minutes.
4. Add the peas.
5. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper.
6. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until the peas are as tender as you like.
7. Pour in the milk.
8. Place heat back on medium. Bring soup back to a boil.
9. Serve when soup is a thick as you like.