Apple Cinnamon Waffles
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs - separated
1 1/4 cups milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 apple - finely sliced
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
3. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks well. Stir in milk.
Add sifted ingredients to egg yolks and mix until moistened
(do not to over mix).
4. Add vegetable oil. Fold in egg whites. Pour cinnamon
in mixture. Stir. Add the apples. Blend lightly into mixture.
5. Bake in preheated waffle maker for 4 to 6 minutes or
until the waffle is golden brown.