Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce
1½ cup raspberries
¼ cup raw sugar
¼ cup water
2¼ cups self-raising flour, sifted
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1½ cup buttermilk
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
cooking oil spray
1. Place the raspberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan,
bring to the boil until thick or to desired sauce consistency. Set aside
2. Combine the self-raising flour, powdered sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
Make a well in the center.
Add the buttermilk, egg, and butter. Using a wooden spoon,
stir until just combined (do not over mix)
3. Lightly spray a medium sized non-stick frying pan with oil spray.
Place over medium heat
4. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into the pan and swirl to form round cakes.
Cook pancake for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to show on the surface.
Turn to cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Transfer to a plate and cover with kitchen towel to keep warm.
Repeat with remaining batter, spraying pan with oil if necessary.
5. Divide pancakes on serving plates. Drizzle with raspberry sauce.