Potato and Ham Frittata
TEASPOON OLIVE OIL
1 SMALL SWEET ONION, CHOPPED
1 TEASPOON MINCED GARLIC
2 CUPS COOKED DICED POTATOES
¾ CUP DICED LEAN HAM
1 CUP GRATED SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
DASH OF SALT
DASH OF GROUND PEPPER
1 TEASPOON CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY
1. Preheat the broiler to high.
2. In large oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
Add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, or until tender.
3. Add the potatoes and sauté 2 to 3 more minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, ham, ½ cup of the cheese, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium.
6. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the bottom of the frittata is set and browned,
lifting the edges of the cooked egg to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the frittata and broil until the mixture
is completely set and the cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Cut the frittata into wedges and sprinkle with parsley.