Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats,
baking soda, and salt and set aside
3. In the mixing bowl combine the sugars and butter
and mix on medium speed until creamy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
5. Turn the mixer to medium-low and add the flour mixture 1/4 cup
at a time, thoroughly mixing after each addition. Add the chocolate
chips and pecans and mix until just combined.
6. Spoon the batter using a tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets,
spacing them 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
8. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool.