Homemade Beef Stock
3-5 lbs beef bones
1-2 carrots cut into 1-2 inch pieces
2 stalks celery cut into 1 inch pieces
1 yellow onion quartered
5-10 sprigs parsley
1 bay leaf
2 leeks cut into 1 inch segments
10 pepper corns
1 teaspoon Thyme
1. Place the bones on a greased baking sheet and brush liberally
with olive oil
2. Bake at 350 degrees F turning once during baking for about
25 minutes on each side or until browned.
3. Pour in 8 cups (2 L) water. Cover and cook on low for 12 hours.
4. Place in the crock pot or large stock pot along with remaining
ingredients, then add in enough water to cover.
5. Cover and cook on low for 12-24 hours OR on HIGH for 6 hours
6. Remove from crock pot or strain and refrigerate.
7. Lift off fat and discard.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.