Raisin Rum Cream Cheese Pie
Pie Dough for a 9-inch pie shell
1/3 cup rum
1 cup raisins
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1. Pour the rum into a small saucepan and bring it just to a simmer
over moderate heat—1-2 minutes; do not let it boil.
2. Add the raisins, cover the pan, and set aside off the heat for
at least 1-2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
4. Roll out the dough and fit it into a 9-inch glass pie pan, then trim
and flute the edges.
5. In a large mixing bowl, using a electric mixer, beat the cream cheese
until it is soft and smooth.
6. Add the sugar and salt and continue beating until blended.
Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in the cream and vanilla.
Stir in the raisins, along with any rum left from soaking. Pour the
mixture into the prepared pie shell.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and continue baking
for 20 to 30 minutes longer, or until the filling has puffed slightly and has set
around the edges. The center should remain slightly soft, it will set as it cools.
8. To make the topping, stir together the sour cream and sugar until the
sugar dissolves. Spread over the pie and refrigerate for several hours before serving.