Banana-Raisin French Toast
1 Ripe peeled banana
2 Teaspoon Frozen Orange Juice concentrate
4 Slices cinnamon-raisin bread
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Skim milk
1/4 Cup low-fat yogurt
1 1/2 Tablespoon Maple syrup or honey
1 Teaspoon Butter
1. In a small, shallow bowl, mash banana coarsely with a fork.
Stir in orange-juice concentrate.
2. Spread the banana mixture over 2 slices of bread and top
with remaining 2 slices of bread, forming 2 sandwiches.
3. In a pie plate, whisk together egg whites and milk;
add sandwiches and soak for about 20 seconds.
Turn sandwiches over and soak for 20 seconds longer.
Transfer the sandwiches to a plate.
4. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and maple syrup or honey.
5. In a nonstick skillet, melt 1/2 tsp. butter over low heat.
Tilt the pan to swirl the butter around the skillet. With a
metal spatula, place the sand- wiches in the pan, and cook
until the underside is browned about 5-6 min.
6. Lift the sandwiches and add the remaining 1/2 tsp. butter.
Turn over and cook for 5-6 minutes longer, or until browned.
Thanks to Jamie Scott for the recipe.