1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
2 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder,
baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon.
2. Remove 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss
with crystallized ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs, buttermilk,
pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Combine with flour mixture. Stir in butter and fold in
reserved crystallized-ginger mixture. Do not overmix.
5. Heat a waffle iron, using about 1/2 cup batter per