3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup buttermilk, shaken
1 large egg
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Butter for the griddle
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flours, sugar,
baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add buttermilk, egg, molasses, and
melted butter and beat until combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just
combined. The batter should have some small to medium lumps.
4. Spray the skillet with cooking spray, add the steak, and cook for
about 1 minute, or until barely con top of the peppers.
5. Wipe out the skillet, spray with cooking spray, and add the eggs.
Cook, stirring gently for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Add
the vegetables and stir gently to combine all ingredients.
6. Preheat your griddle on medium heat and brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons
of butter. Using about 1/4-cup of batter per pancake, scoop the batter
onto the warm griddle.
7. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface of
the pancakes, and then flip. Cook till golden brown.