Maple Pecan Spiced Pumpkin Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter, maple syrup,
eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, with a wire whisk, mix
together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin
pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Stir pecans into
the dry mixture.
5. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, until just
fully incorporated. Do not over mix. Spoon into the
loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted
into the center comes out clean.