Red Snapper with Tomato and Herbs
2 cups dry white wine
2 1/4 cups water
2 yellow onion slices
2 cloves of garlic, cut into halves
2 ( ¼ -inch-thick) fresh ginger slices
2 bay leaves
2 fresh thyme sprigs
4 (6-8 ounce) red snapper fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
2/3 Cup Tomatoes drained, chopped, and seeded
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients and bring to a boil in a large
deep skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
2. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the broth.
3. Simmer, covered, for 8-12 minutes or until the fish is opaque in
4. Transfer the fish to shallow soup bowls. Cover and keep warm.
5. Strain the liquid in the skillet into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Boil for 8-10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 1 ½ cups.
6. Stir in the tomatoes and chives. Pour over the fish in the bowls