Carrot and Pasta Soup
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups sliced carrot
1 large potato, peeled and diced
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
8 ounces dried rotini pasta
1 1/2 cups milk
1. In a large saucepan combine broth, carrot, potato,
onion, ginger, and Jamaican jerk seasoning.
2. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for
18 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let cool slightly.
3. Cook the rotini pasta according to package directions; drain
4. In a blender process 1/4 the vegetable mixture at a time,
Cover and process until smooth.
5. Return processed mixture to saucepan. Stir in pasta and milk;