Southern Chocolate Pecan Pie
4 ounces sweet chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1 2/3 cups evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (small can)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 unbaked 9- to 10-inch pie shell
1. Mix chocolate with butter in a small saucepan.
Place over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat. Gradually blend in evaporated milk.
3. In a bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Beat
in eggs and vanilla. Blend in the melted chocolate
4. Pour into pie shell.
5. Combine coconut and pecans. Sprinkle over top. Bake
at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes, or until puffed and browned.
6. Cool thoroughly before serving. Filling will set while cooling.