Coconut Shrimp with Noodles
1 lb shrimp
8 oz soba noodles
1 med. green bell pepper, sliced
1 lb broccoli, sliced into florets, stems peeled and sliced
1 medium white onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Cup bean sprouts
1 inch finger ginger
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
2 qts + 1/2 cup water
1/2 Cup fresh coconut milk
1 Tablespoon lime juice
2 Teaspoon Thai chili sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 Cup basil
1. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the noodles. Cook the noodles 6-8 minutes and drain.
Reserve the noodles on the side.
3. In a large sauté pan over high heat, heat the sesame oil.
Add the onion and bell pepper and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and broccoli and stir-fry another 4-5 minutes.
5. Stir the coconut milk, chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, salt,
1/2 cup of water and the grated ginger and cook for 5-6 minutes more.
6. Add the shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes. Add the basil and bean
sprouts and cook an additional 2 minutes.
7. Mix the noodles into the shrimp and serve.