Creole Shrimp and Grits
6 slices bacon, diced
6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
dash garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
sea salt, to taste
dash or two of Tabasco
1. In a skillet, cook bacon until cooked but not over done; add mushrooms.
Sauté mushrooms until just tender, adding butter if needed;
add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute
2. Add green onions and parsley; continue cooking for about 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, Creole seasoning, and a dash of garlic powder.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until
shrimp is cooked through and liquid has reduced.
5. Taste and season with pepper, salt,
Tabasco and cayenne.
Serve over creamy grits or cheese grits.