2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 tablespoons raw sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large egg
1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Italian parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram leaves, crumbled
¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly grease 12 standard-size muffin pan
cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray,
2. Combine first six ingredients in medium-size
mixing bowl, make well in center of dry ingredients, and set aside.
3. Whisk milk, oil, and egg in second medium bowl until frothy, then mix in all
remaining ingredients. Pour into well in dry ingredients, and stir only enough
to combine—specks of flour should be visible in batter.
4. Divide batter among 12 standard-size muffin pan cups—each cup will be
approximately two-thirds full, though occasionally a bit more or a bit less.
5. Slide onto middle oven shelf. Bake muffins 20 to 25 or until
muffins have risen and are nicely browned.