Bacon Mushroom Swiss Meatloaf
1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1/2 cup of corn flake crumbs
12 oz of raw, chopped bacon
5 button mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup of evaporated milk
1 small white onion, chopped
6 oz of shredded Swiss cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Brown the bacon in the skillet using medium heat.
Remove the bacon and place it on paper towels to drain.
Discard the bacon grease, but keep 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
3. Stir in the onion and mushrooms into the bacon grease.
Cook until they are soft and then remove from heat.
4. Stir the egg, beef, and milk together in a large mixing bowl.
Add the onions and mushrooms, and about 4 ounces of the
Swiss cheese. Stir in all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon.
Add the corn flake crumbs and mix well.
5. Shape the mixture into a loaf, and place in a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour. Drain fat. Sprinkle with the remaining
cheese and bacon. Bake for an additional 4-6 mins,
till the cheese has melted.