1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 15 oz can pumpkin*
1 3 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
* not pumpkin pie mix
1. Pre Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening; lightly flour.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat all bar ingredients with electric
mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
Spread in pan.
4. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center
comes out clean. Cool completely for about 1 hour.
1. In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with
electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in ½ teaspoon vanilla.
2. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and 1 to 2 tablespoons
milk until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
3. Frost cooled bars. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set.
Cut into bars and serve.