Garlic Potato Wedges
4 large Idaho potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Salt and freshly black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly
grease a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8-12 wedges,
about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick.
3. Put the olive oil in a small microwavable bowl and
add the garlic. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes,
until the oil is heated and the garlic is turning a little
golden color. Strain out and discard the garlic.
4. Toss the potato wedges in the garlic oil. Spread
evenly on the baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle
generously with salt and pepper.
5. Bake 15 minutes, then turn each wedge with a spatula,
and cook another 10 minutes, until each potato wedge is
golden and tender.