1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, chopped
1/2 cup parsley, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons wine
2 tablespoons brandy
1. Season flour with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
2. Dredge shrimp in flour. Saute shrimp in olive
oil for 5 minutes over high heat, shaking briskly.
3. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon to a
shallow casserole dish.
4. Add garlic, shallots, parsley, and oregano to olive oil,
saute over medium heat for 3 minutes, shaking the pan briskly.
5. Remove herbs with a slotted spoon to casserole dish.
Add wine and brandy to skillet and ignite. When flames die
down, pour sauce over shrimp.
6. Broil for 2 minutes.