Cream of Asparagus Soup
1 large Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
3 leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
1 quart chicken
1 pound asparagus
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and Black Pepper
1. In a soup pot, combine the potato, leeks,
and broth and bring to a simmer.
2. Cut off the tips of the asparagus and set aside.
Cut 1 inch off the bottom of each asparagus stalk and discard.
Cut the stalks into 1-inch sections and add them to the soup.
3. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes,
leeks, and asparagus are soft.
4. Puree the soup in a blender and then strain
it into a clean pot.
5. Add the cream and the asparagus tips, bring to a simmer,
and let simmer for about 4-5 minutes, or until the tips are tender.
6. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.