2 pie dough crust
6-8 large Granny Smith apples
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon sugar
1-2 dashes cinnamon
1 tablespoon whole milk
1. Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. Toss with
lemon juice and the lemon zest.
2. Mix sugar, flour, and spices. Toss with apples,
make sure they are well coated.
3. Roll half of dough out into a round that will fit
into a 9" pie pan.
4. Fill pie shell with apple mixture. Dot top with butter.
5. Roll remaining dough into a round large enough
to cover top of apples. Place carefully over apple filling
and crimp edges of crusts together.
6. Use a fork to make holes in top crust to vent.
7. Mix teaspoon of sugar with dash or two of cinnamon.
Brush top of crust with milk and sprinkle to coat lightly
with cinnamon sugar.
8. Bake at 450F degrees for 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat
to 375F and bake an additional 20-30 minutes till done.