Raisin Nut Apple Pie
6 cups Granny Smith apples, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted lightly in a frying pan and cooled.
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1.Preheat oven to 375° F. degrees.
2.In a large mixing bowl, mix the apples
and lemon juice together.
3.In a separate bowl, mix together the
sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
4.Combine the dry mix with the apples
and stir to coat. Make sure they are well coated.
5.Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Allow the mix
to set for 10 minutes, and then pour it into
the pie shell.
6. Roll out the top crust large enough to cover
the bottom crust and filling.
7. Brush the rim of the bottom crust with
cold water, and cover it with the top crust.
8. Press the edges together to seal them, and
then trim off the excess and crimp.
9. Use a fork to place a few steam vents in the top.
10. Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for
approximately 50 to 60 minutes, or until the crust is
golden brown and the juice thickens and begins to
bubble through the vents.