Sweet Potato Cake
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups grated sweet potato
1 stick butter
1 (8-ounce) package softened cream cheese
1 (1 pound) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix sugar, eggs, and oil. Add
remaining ingredients one at a time, adding potatoes
3. Spread into three round (9-inch) baking pans or
one sheet cake pan coated with non-stick spray.
4. Bake in round pans about 25 minutes or in a sheet
cake pan for 35 minutes. Cool in pans before turning out
1. Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add remaining
ingredients and mix well. Spread on cooled cake, spreading
between layers and on sides and top for round layers or over
the top and sides of a sheet cake.