Rosemary and Red Pepper Chicken
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried oregano
8 oz turkey Italian sausages, casings removed
8 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1/4 cup dry vermouth
1 1/2 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs cold water
salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine onion, bell pepper,
garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Crumble sausages over onion mixture.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange in a single layer over sausage.
Sprinkle with pepper. Pour in vermouth. Cover, and cook on Low setting
for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender and cooked through
3. Transfer chicken to a warm, deep platter, and cover to keep warm.
4. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into
cooking liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to High, and cover. Cook,
stirring 2 to3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes).
5. Season to taste with salt. Spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle