5 cups frozen blackberries
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Lightly grease the crock pot.
2. Place the blackberries in the crock pot, sprinkle
with the brown sugar and cornstarch. Toss very gently to coat.
3. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the
flour and white sugar.
4. Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk
and butter. Stir until just combined.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the batter over the blackberries.
6. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours. Turn off the heat
and uncover. Let stand for 1 hour before serving.
Serve warm with Vanilla ice cream.