Asian Shrimp Cakes
2/3 cup panko, divided
1/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut, minced and divided
2 tablespoons green onions,minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons hot chile sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 garlic clove, minced
8 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lime, quartered
1. Combine 1/3 cup panko, 2 tablespoons coconut, and
next 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add chopped shrimp; stir just until combined. Using
wet hands, shape mixture into 4 equal balls.
3. Coat balls in panko mixture; press to form patties.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add oil; swirl to coat well.
5. Add shrimp patties and cook 4-5 minutes on
each side or until done.
6. Serve with the lime wedges.