BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8-10 strips thick-cut smoked bacon
1/4 cup mesquite barbecue sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil,
spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine the salt, pepper,
paprika, and cayenne. Spray lightly both sides of the
chicken with non-stick spray. Sprinkle the spice
mixture evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
4. Wrap each chicken breast with at least 2 bacon strips,
using toothpicks to hold the bacon in place. Brush each
breast with barbecue sauce.
5. Bake for 25–35 minutes or until the internal temp.
reaches 160 degress.
6. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes,
remove toothpicks and serve.