Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 oz. red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment; set aside.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt; set aside.
In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds.
Beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4, Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating after
each addition just until combined. Stir in food coloring.
5. Spoon batter in rounds about 1/2" high on prepared
baking sheets, allowing 1" between each round.
6. Bake 8-12 minutes until done. Cool completely on baking sheets.
Fill with your favorite icing such as cream cheese, buttercream,
chocolate or marshmallow creme icing.