Tomato and Cheese Pizza
1 can Refrigerated Pizza Crust
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. Shape the dough in a baking sheet or skillet and brush
with olive oil.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat;
after it’s hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it
softens, about 1-2 minute.
4. Raise the heat a bit and add the tomatoes; cook, stirring frequently,
just until most of their liquid has evaporated, about 5-6 minutes.
Let the tomatoes cool.
5. Toss the tomatoes with the mozzarella, Parmesan, and oregano.
Spread this mixture on the pizza dough and sprinkle with salt
and black pepper.
6. Put the baking sheet or skillet in the oven and bake until the
crust is crisp and the cheese melted, usually 8 to 14 minutes.
Let the pizza stand for 3-5 minutes before slicing.