Spinach and Egg Scramble
10 oz fresh baby spinach
4 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1 (8-oz) package mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place the spinach and 2 tablespoons water in a large,
microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes or
until wilted. Set aside. Whisk together eggs and eggs whites.
2. Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and
place over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly
softened. Crumble in the ground turkey and cook, breaking
up the meat, for 3-4 minutes, or until it starts to brown.
4. Add the mushrooms, oregano, garlic salt, and Worcestershire
sauce, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms
begin to soften.
5. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the spinach, and pour the
eggs over the vegetable mixture, stirring gently to distribute the eggs.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, while gently stirring, until eggs are set.
6. Sprinkle with pepper and Parmesan cheese, and serve.