1 cup rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup white flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
1/3 cup light brown sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup raisins
1. Combine the oats and buttermilk, and let stand 30 minutes.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Stir the eggs into the buttermilk mixture, then add sugar, butter,
and the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
4. The batter will be lumpy. Fold in the raisins.
5. Spoon into a muffin tin, filling the cups about two-thirds full.
Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.