2 pounds medium or large shrimp
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
1 small jar capers, drained and rinsed
4-5 bay leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon pepper sauce
2 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 small white onions, thickly sliced
1. In a stockpot add enough water to cover the shrimp,
add shrimp and bring to a boil.
2. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink; drain.
Peel and devein the shrimp leaving the tails.
3. In a mixing bowl mix the remaining ingredients using
a whisk to mix well.
4. Layer the shrimp and onions in a large shallow dish and
pour the canola oil mixture over the layers.
5. Cover the dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours,
6. Before serving remove and discard the bay leaves.