Honey Grilled Shrimp
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined leaving the
final segment of the tail shell intact.
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup soy sauce
2/3 cup honey
1. Combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, and honey in a
medium mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
2. Place the shrimp in a large bowl and pour the honey
mixture over them. Toss until they are well coated. Cover
and set aside in a cool place for 30-40 minutes to marinate.
3. Light the coals in a barbecue at least 20-25 minutes
before you’re ready to cook the shrimp. Or, if you’re
using a gas grill, preheat it 5 minutes before you’re ready to cook.
4. When the coals are glowing red with a thin covering of ash,
place the rack on the barbecue. One or two at a time, hold the
shrimp by the tails and shake off any excess marinade, then lay
the shrimp on the barbecue rack, directly over the coals.
5. Cook for 2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are firm and
the sauce turns golden.