Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wings
24 chicken wings
2 cups teriyaki sauce
2 cups pineapple puree
2 tablespoons Asian chile sauce or your favorite hot sauce
4 green onions, ends trimmed, minced
1/4 cup minced ginger
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Cut off the wing tips.
2. In a bowl large combine all the remaining ingredients.
3. Add the wings, mix thoroughly, and marinate in the
refrigerator for 3 to 24 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a shallow baking pan
with foil. Coat a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray and
place the rack in the baking pan.
5. Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Arrange
the wings on the rack (smooth surface down) and roast for 30 minutes.
6. Drain the accumulated liquid from the pan. Baste the wings
with the reserved marinade, turn them over, and baste again.
Roast until the wings turn a mahogany color, about another 30 minutes.
Cut the wings in half through the joint. Serve hot.