Peanut-Butter Granola Bars
1 large egg white
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with two criss-crossed
rectangles of parchment paper, leaving a 2-3 inch overhang
at opposite ends.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds and cranberries.
4. In a small saucepan, whisk together oil, brown sugar,
peanut butter, cinnamon, salt and water over low heat until
the sugar has dissolved, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool slightly;
whisk in egg white.
5. Pour over oat mixture; stir until moistened. Spread evenly in
bottom of pan, smooth the top.
6. Bake until top is firm, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes.
Lift out of the pan using paper overhangs as handles. Let cool completely,
cut into bars.