Chocolate Buttermilk Doughnuts
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 cup pure cane sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the oat flour, sweet rice flour,
cane sugar, cocoa powder, almond meal, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together. Then add in
the buttermilk, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract. whisk until well
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a
large wooden spoon until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
5. Spoon the batter into the doughnut molds, filling to just below
the top of each mold, about 1/4-inch from the top.
6. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes until lightly golden brown around the edges.
A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Let cool in the
pan for 5 minutes.
7. Slide a thin spatula or knife around the edges of the doughnuts to
loosen them out. Then place on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully
8. Sift powdered sugar over the doughnuts and serve.